Actual information about new legislative activities of the European Commission
an overview about legislations in progress.
EU has published the “Blue Guide” for the implementation of the EU product regulations 2022 – A guide well worth reading!
The guide aims to contribute to a better understanding of EU product rules and to their more uniform and consistent application in different areas and throughout the internal market.
Topics relate to
- carbon removals,
- actualization of the European conformity assessment approach,
- sustainability reporting,
- Train drivers certification scheme,
- ecodesign requirements for products,
- energy efficiency
The guide is aimed at Member States and anyone who should be familiar with the rules to ensure the free movement of goods and a high level of protection within the Union (e.g. trade and consumer associations, standardization organisations, manufacturers, importers, distributors, conformity assessment bodies and trade unions).
The “New Legal Framework” of the EU is explained in detail and comprehensibly with all its elements.
- essential or other legal requirements,
- product standards,
- standards and rules for the competence of the conformity assessment bodies and for accreditation,
- standards for quality management,
- conformity assessment procedures,
- CE marking,
- accreditation policy and
- market surveillance policy (including the verification of products from third countries).
Detailed information necessary for understanding the system is provided on all these topics.
Furthermore, requirements for the actors in the supply chain such as manufacturers, authorized representatives, importers and dealers are presented.
For further details, you can consult the EA homepage, where EOQ is listed as stakeholder or where you can find Thomas Votsmeiers contactdata as official representative for EOQ.